Monday, October 4, 2010

One Super Fun Day

There have been two super fun days in the past week or so that really stand out to me. I love days where I can just be with my kids, with no agenda and nothing to worry about (i.e. laundry, errands, etc.).

Well, we ran into one of those days last Thursday when we joined Nonna at the Farmer's Market in Burien. The kids love roaming the closed off street in hot pursuit of the "ice cream man." Mr. Burton is a total grandpa, that crouches down right at the kids' level and gives them smarties candy and lets them sample every ice cream he has in his freezer. He is awesome. After we tracked him down and ate some devine watermelon ice cream (thank you, Nonna), Rylan was itching to find the nearby splash fountain. I took him down there and was very specific for him to "be careful" and not splash, since he was in his clothes. About 5 minutes in, he slips and drenches his pants. I knew I had a split second to make up my mind about what direction our afternoon was going to go...home or waterfest? Lauren excitedly came trudging down right at that moment, and I had my answer.
Not regrettable for one second. Love these two so much.

No comments: