Monday, October 4, 2010

Still Learning...

I am starting to think that blogging is definitely something that has to be added to the to-do list. And not the to-do list that runs in my head non-stop throughout any given day. The one that is actually written in paper and pencil on my desk for me to see, and not to think about and then be amazed as it escapes magically into thin air. I know there are a variety of things that might make a person lose their memory, so I won't go into the particular details about what is the problem with mine, but it is definitely going- and I am hellbent on chasing it down. Point being, I need to add blogging to my to-do list. :-)

Last Friday I had an interview with Washington Virtual Academies. It is a program that works with homeschooled students in a virtual classroom setting. I would be a teacher with approximately 3o students from all over the state and would be able to help them meet the state criteria for their grade levels (K-5). I had initially applied back in late August, but there were some issues with the principal and his lack of communication, so I had pretty much given up on it. When a friend gave me a tip that the principal was on his way out the door, I re-submitted my stuff to a new contact and presto! I got an interview. This has so many exciting possibilities. Although I think it would be a very challenging job, it is almost entirely from home and would be full-time pay! I haven't had that since before Lauren was born. Needless to say, it would be VERY beneficial to us getting back into our own place, so we are really praying that it works out. Any good thoughts that can be sent our way would be SO appreciated. :-)

2 comments:

DeeDee said...

yay! good luck whooge! you'll be great at that job! love you.

Proud Mama said...

Sending prayers your way!! What a dream come true to be able to work from home!