Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bummer.

Well we had a little appointment at Children's Hospital yesterday for Ry. We've had some ongoing observation of his allergies, tonsils, etc. Basically, he has every ailment Adam has had in the sinus department, and we have taken him in periodically to check on whether or not he is within the range of normal. :-) When we moved in with Adam's parents in April, I switched doctors for the kids. We started seeing a nurse practitioner at UW Physicians and she discovered that Rylan's tonsils were very enlarged and put us onto a regime of no dairy. For some reason she thought his tonsils were linked to some sort of food allergy. TORTURE. Anyhow...long story short, we went back to her a couple of times and then she passed us on to Children's. Their conclusion: time to take the tonsils and adenoids out. While I wasn't overly surprised, I am definitely scared. Putting my little buddy out and then having him stay overnight in the hospital just makes me super nervous. Hopefully I will have time to adjust and toughen up. Surgery is November 12th.

3 comments:

DeeDee said...

poor little guy! talk to anne.... i'm sure she will have advice. xo

Anne said...

Love your main blog picture. Sorry I never leave comments, I usually check blogs through google reader, but just so you know I am LOVING your posts! It is so nice to hear about your life again. I do know how you feel in regards to the children's surgery deal, no fun. Call me and we'll chat about it sometime. You are an awesome mommy, love you!

Jana said...

What's google reader?