Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Off To Pre-School.

Today was Lauren's first day of pre-school. She is going to this darling school in the basement a church down the road from us. Once you go in the door, you turn the corner and there is this immaculate row of numbered classrooms, all with mini-cubbies and coat hooks for each kid. I died the first time I saw it. Being a teacher, I have a special appreciation for all school type decor, so right then and there, I knew this was the school for Lauren!

I have always been SO excited about the first day of school. Lots of anticipation and preparation...shopping for school supplies, getting the perfect outfit, etc. So I found it only fitting that I put Lauren through the same rigorous training. The big preparations started last night...ironing the outfit, printing off the family photo for her class project, hooking her backpack on the front door so we wouldn't forget...

Poor thing. She is not much of a morning person, so when I woke her up with my chipper enthusiasm, I could tell she wanted to throw her stuffed unicorn at me. Luckily she snapped out of it when Grandma showed up to come with us to school. I could tell she was a little nervous, but she did so well! She walked right into her classroom and got to playing. I was so proud of her. Of course my mom, Ry and I had to spy on her for a little bit, just to make sure she was ok. Then we were off to shop!

About 15 minutes into our adventure, I had the horrible realization that Lauren hadn't gone potty yet! I could only imagine her sweet checkered skirt changed into old sweat pants, with a little wet spot in the baby doll area...Luckily when we returned at 11:45 she was still in one piece--and I noticed on the wall posting that "potty time" is at 10:15. THANK YOU pre-school for being smarter than me.

Family photo for her little class project.
She's still not so sure about this day...but Ry is!
Such a cute little lady...still unsure about school though...
Warmin up for mama
Arrival! Sweet Teacher Gayla with Lauren!

No comments: