Wednesday, September 8, 2010

5...4...3...2...

Sometime ago we played this game with Lauren where we counted down from 5, and if we got to 1 before she got to us, we told her the room was going to explode. Sounds borderline abusive now that I am putting it in writing, but she thought it was fun and ran screaming to us like she was being chased by a werewolf. Well, Adam and I quickly realized that this was the key to managing her in all situations..."Lauren, back away from the candy....5...4...3.." or "Get in here and put your PJ's on, 5...4...3...2..." Works like a charm everytime. We were starting to think we should write a book or something, but then we tried it on Ry.

Rylan almost laughs at us whenever he hears our silly little countdown. Tried it in Target once and he just sat underneath the clothes rack grinning at me like, "What are you really going to do, Mom?" What a little sheist. I seriously couldn't have earned a cuter, little man than him, but sometimes I wonder how I am going to manage him once he really gets naughty.



No comments: